I am proud to say I have never done any other drug besides smoking weed(which I don't even do THAT much). However, people around me have subjected themselves to a life of drugs. That is all they want to do, all they think about, all they are. The drugs have consumed their body and soul. They would die for drugs, and would easily leave their friends behind on this journey through their minds. I honestly think drugs are stupid, people may say "well you never did them you wouldn't know" and all I have to say is thank God. For the reason being I have watched two of my very close friends become one with the drug of their choice. Unable to function it feels without it. They have become liars, thieves, and it disgust me. I look at them and don't see my friend, but a distorted representation of them. What can I do? I've yelled at them, lectured them, started to ignore them, but I can no longer watch these drugs eat away my friends lives. I will attempt one last time to help, and if it fails again, then all I am left to do it move on. I know thats may sounds foul, but it is killing me almost as much as it is killing them. I have become more prone to crying, being depressed, and thinking about the problems that I have already had to get over, are coming back into my brain. I want this stupidity to end. But why do I feel like it never will? Why do I feel like I am wasting my breath. Is is because the drug has become bigger then them? Is it to the point where the drug is more important than me? Are they just blinded by this fake euphoric feeling they claim to feel. A feeling that they would never be able to achieve sober?
I feel it is so much more real to be happy when your sober, have friends when your sober, have fun when you sober. Although I rely on alcohol on the weekends to relieve of my stress, to help me let loose is that the same? For I rely on parties to have fun. But, I still have fun sober, I still can cry of laughter in the middle of math class. And I feel so much more human having fun when I am sober then when I am drunk or high. I know it sounds hypocritical because I am still going to drink and party, but isn't that my reward for doing well in school? Or am I too just blinded? Is that the same way they feel except amplified 100 times more? I wish I could go inside their minds and figure out what they are thinking? What in their right mind makes them think this is okay? Maybe that is just it, they are not in their right state of mind....
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment